GFCI 20Amp Receptacle - Tamper Resistant / Weather Resistant
GFCI 20A RECEPTACLE
Tamper Resistant / Weather Resistant
A GFCI receptacle is different from conventional receptacles. In the event of a ground fault, a GFCI will trip and quickly stop the flow of electricity to prevent serious injury. The installation should be performed by a licensed electrician.
- White Finish
- 20Amp - 120V AC
- Tamper Resistant
- Weather Resistant
- UL 943 New Standard - Compliant
- Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function
- Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function - Repeated
- Detecting Ground Fault and Interrupting Circuit
- Corrosion Resistance
- Ground Circuit
- Passed Drop and Impact Test
- Safelock function, the reset button will not engage if protection has been compromised
- When miswired, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlets have no power, so it is more safe than conventional receptacle
- If miswired or if GFCI protection is damaged, GFCI can’t be reset
- Easier installation
UL943 STANDARD IMPROVEMENTS:
Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function - This Function allows for periodic, automatic testing of the ability of the GFCI to respond to a ground fault. If the Self-Test Function detects a problem, the GFCI must deny power or provide visual and/or audible indication.
Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function - Repeated - If the line cable is wired to the load terminals of a receptacle GFCI, power to the receptacle face will be denied. This requirement applies to the initial installation and any subsequent re-installation.